REFLECTIONS

Henessey Hussey 

Professor Serhiy Metenko

FIQWS Killer Stories – Writing 

CRA Essay Reflection

5 December 2022

First I chose the story I had the most insight in and picked one of the themes that I noticed in the story that I can back up the most, no matter how challenging the theme may be. Once I had a thesis for my theme, I found at least five pieces of evidence from the text that best supported my thesis and then elaborated the quote cited meaning and connection to my thesis.  I also made sure to emphasize why I believed the author chose to use a literary device in a specific part of the story. Then I wrote my claims last and searched for my external sources that were somewhat related to my essay so far and wrote them into my essay where needed more supporting evidence. Lastly, I wrote my conclusions and citations. My standards for this source were to have an arguable thesis that can be proven wrong and strong analysis. Personally from experience, having those standards met in my essays always did me right and has gotten me good grades from my English teachers in high school. I would give myself a B to B+ because I did a good job of having an arguable thesis and strong analysis to support my evidence from the text I chose from, but I could have found better external sources from the CUNY library to support my thesis. Next time, I would like to find better external sources that are strong though to support my thesis and essay overall.